Hey there, chili enthusiasts! Today, I’m excited to share a mouthwatering recipe that will warm your soul and tantalize your taste buds – the Crockpot Express White Chicken Chili.
This hearty dish combines tender chicken, creamy beans, zesty salsa verde, and a burst of flavors that’ll leave you craving for more. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just getting started, this recipe is a surefire way to impress your family and friends. And fear not, I’ve got some handy tips and answers to your burning questions to make your cooking experience a breeze.
Can I use canned beans instead of dried ones? Absolutely! While the recipe calls for dried great northern beans, you can substitute them with canned beans if you’re short on time. Just remember to drain and rinse the canned beans before adding them to the recipe.
Can I adjust the spiciness of the chili? Of course! If you prefer a milder chili, you can reduce the amount of diced green chiles or omit them altogether. On the other hand, if you’re a heat-seeker, feel free to add more chiles or even a pinch of red pepper flakes.
What if I don’t have a Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker? No worries! While this recipe is designed for the Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker, you can adapt it for other slow cookers or pressure cookers. Just adjust the cooking times and settings based on your device’s instructions.
Tips and Tricks:
- Time Saver: To cut down on bean-soaking time, you can use the “quick soak” method. Simply place the dried beans in a pot, cover them with water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat, cover, and let them soak for 1 hour before proceeding with the recipe.
- Flavor Boost: If you’re looking to enhance the depth of flavor, consider browning the chicken briefly before adding it to the cooker. A quick sear can add a delightful richness to your chili.
- Customize Toppings: The fun part about chili is the toppings! Create a chili bar with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, cilantro, jalapenos, lime wedges, and tortilla chips. Let everyone customize their bowl just the way they like it.
More Dinner Ideas:
- Crockpot Express French Onion Soup
- Crockpot Express Sausage and Cabbage
- Crockpot Express Black Beans w/ Ham & Rice
Crockpot Express White Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Express
- 1 pound dried great northern beans
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breast boneless & skinless
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 lime
- 7 ounces diced green chiles
- Optional: shredded cheese sour cream, avocado, cilantro, sliced jalapenos, lime wedges, tortilla chips
- Begin by placing the dried beans in the cooking pot of your Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker. Cover them with 7 cups of water. Secure the lid and set the steam release valve to the “seal” position.
- Press the “chili/beans” button and use the “+” button to increase the cooking time to 40 minutes. Then, press “start/stop” to begin the cooking process.
- After cooking, allow the beans to naturally release pressure for 30 minutes. Then, use a utensil to move the steam release valve to the “release” position. Carefully remove the cooking pot and drain the beans. Set them aside.
- Rinse and dry the cooking pot. Place it back in the Multi-Cooker and add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, and salsa verde. Secure the lid and press the “poultry” button. Adjust the time to 20 minutes using the “+” button. Ensure the Steam Release Valve is set to “seal” and press “start/stop.”
- While the chicken cooks, take 1 cup of cooked beans and mash them in a small bowl using a fork.
- Once the chicken is done and pressure is released, remove the lid. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Add the mashed beans to the cooking pot and mix them with the liquid. Make sure the beans are evenly distributed.
- Shred the chicken using two forks or cut it into bite-size pieces. Return the chicken to the pot along with the remaining cooked beans, diced green chiles, and lime juice. Stir and press the “brown/sauté” button to thicken the chili. Stir occasionally until you reach the desired thickness.
- Serve the flavorful white chicken chili in bowls, and let everyone add their favorite toppings and tortilla chips.
There you have it, a delicious and comforting Crockpot Express White Chicken Chili that will have your taste buds dancing! Enjoy your culinary adventure, and remember – a little customization goes a long way in making this dish truly yours. Happy cooking!