This Crock Pot Express Chicken & Rice dish is a hearty, flavorful one-pot meal that is sure to become a favorite. It comes together quickly and easily with just a few simple ingredients.
Serve this Crock Pot Express Chicken & Rice dish up on its own or with your favorite sides for a complete meal everyone will love.
Crock Pot Express Chicken & Rice
- Crockpot Express
- 1-2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with garlic & onion, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional add-ins: frozen peas diced bell peppers, mushrooms or other vegetables of your choice
- Place the chicken in the bottom of your Crock Pot Express and top with rice. Pour in the chicken broth, tomatoes (with juice), seasonings and optional ingredients if desired. Stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid on the CPE and set to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- When timer is done, quick release the pressure. Carefully open the lid, stir and check if the chicken is cooked through (165°F internal temperature). If not cooked, lock the lid back on and set to high pressure for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Serve with fresh parsley or chopped green onions if desired. Enjoy!