Crockpot Express Field Peas w/ Spinach
With this recipe, you can throw everything in the slow cooker and then go about your day without having to worry about it or cook it quick using the pressure cooker! Either way you have dinner ready without much effort!
For the pressure cooker: I usually cook my peas using this method. It’s quick and easy and tastes great!
Can I use canned peas?
Yes, I used fresh field peas but if you have canned ones available and want to use them, go for it!
Dice your bacon, garlic and, onion. Set the Crockpot Express to “Saute”. I didn’t have a lot of ham this time so I used the bacon I had. You can use either. Add more or less depending on how much you want in yours!
Rinse your peas and pull out any bad ones. Saute the bacon and add the onion. Saute until tender. Add the spinach and cook for another minute. Season everything.
Add the beans and stock. Set to “Beans” and close the vent. Allow to slow release.
- 1 onion diced - medium
- 1 lb bag of dried field peas - or 3 cups fresh
- 3 strips bacon
- 2 cups of shredded spinach - stems removed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Rinse your peas and pull out any bad ones.
- Dice your ham, garlic and, onion. Set the Crockpot Express to "Saute".
- Add some butter and onion. Saute until tender.
- dd the ham and saute a few minutes longer. Add the spinach and cook for another minute. Season everything.
- Add the beans and stock.
- Set to "Beans" and close the vent. Allow to slow release.