Crockpot Express Beef Osso BuccoCourse: Entree
Indulge in the mouthwatering flavors of veal osso buco with our CrockpotExpress recipe!
Veal osso buco
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the veal osso buco with salt and pepper, then dredge it in flour to coat all sides.
- Tie together thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and bay leaf with kitchen twine.
- Using the sauté function on high (if available), heat olive oil in the CrockpotExpress. Brown the osso buco in batches on all sides, transferring the pieces to a plate as they brown.
- Turn the sauté function down to medium (if available), and add butter to the pot. Stir in onion, carrots, and celery, cooking until the vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic and tomato paste, and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in red wine to deglaze the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Stir in beef stock and canned tomatoes, bringing the mixture to a simmer.
- Nestle the osso buco pieces back into the pot, then add the herb bundle on top.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Transfer the osso buco to a plate. Using the sauté function, simmer the sauce until it thickens and reduces (approximately 10 to 15 minutes).
- Let the sauce settle for at least 10 minutes, then spoon any excess fat off the top.
- While the sauce settles, make the gremolata by mixing together parsley, lemon zest, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
- To serve, place the osso buco on a serving platter, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with gremolata. Serve with extra gremolata on the side.