Crockpot Express Refried Beans
Crockpot Express Refried Beans are very easy to make and can be enjoyed at home, work or even outdoors. When made from scratch you can control the amount of salt added and keep it healthier!
Crockpot Express Refried Beans are perfect for making large batches so there is always some on hand for enchiladas, tamales, burritos, tacos (carne asada), nachos and many more dishes.
- 1 lb small bag pinto beans, about 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash bean in a strainer. Add them to the Crockpot Express. Pour in four cups beef broth.
- Add in cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Give it a good stir. Place the lid on the Crockpot Express.
- Set the valve to the sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button and set time to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Once the Crockpot Express stops counting and beeps release the pressure by opening the valve. Once the pressure has released and the pin has dropped open the lid.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the beans. This will make them thick and creamy. Once blending if you feel like more liquid is need you can add a little water and blend. However, we do not add liquid and like the thickness and flavor of the beans from the broth alone.
- Serve as a side dish or on your favorite burritos or tacos.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g