Crockpot Express Brussels Sprouts With Balsamic
Cooking Brussel sprouts in a Crockpot Express may be the easiest and most delicious way to cook them. Brussel Sprouts are high in antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber. Brussels Sprout Recipes can come up with many ways to cook this tasty vegetable to eat it alone or add it as a side dish to an entree.
Balsamic Vinegar adds a nice tang to this brussel sprout recipe. You can make your own balsamic vinegar or purchase it in the store already prepared. Brussel Sprouts are also known as Brussels Sprouts, Brussles Spouts, and Brussel’s Sprouts.
How to Cook Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar
Rinse and clean Brussel Sprouts. Remove any unwanted leaves, then quarter the Brussel Sprouts lengthwise, set aside. Put water in your Crockpot Express and add the trivet. Place the Brussel Sprouts in a steamer basket and set inside. Set to STEAM for 1 minute and quick release. Make the sauce and serve!
Pair this easy side with Crockpot Express Brown Sugar Ham for a sweet meal!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Wash and trim the Brussels sprouts. Split in half. You can quarter them if they are large.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket. Pour the water into the inner pot, and place the trivet inside. Place the basket on the trivet. Lock the lid into place. Select Steam, and set the time to 1 minute.
- After cooking, Quick Release the pressure. Unlock and remove the lid. Using tongs, carefully transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving plate. Discard the water, and wipe the inner pot dry.
- Select Sauté, and pour in the oil. Once hot, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the Brussels sprouts, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.