Hard boiled eggs are a staple in my household. My kids eat them for breakfast, I pack them up for lunch, and we snack on them throughout the day.
But sometimes hard boiled eggs turn out less than perfect – rubbery yolks or pale insides. The Crockpot Express has made perfect hard-boiled eggs a breeze!
How to cook hard boiled eggs in a Crockpot Express:
1. Fill crock pot with 2 inches of water
2. Add eggs
3. Set Crockpot to MANUAL high for 5 minutes
4. Allow crock pot to natural release the pressure 5 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure
5. Allow eggs to cool in cold water for 5 minutes before peeling shell off
How many eggs can you hard boil in a Crockpot Express?
Can you overcook hard boiled eggs in a Crockpot Express
What is the 555 method for eggs?
- Add water to Crockpot Express and place wire trivet (or special egg rack) on top. Place eggs on trivet.
- Seal Instant Pot and cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let Instant Pot release naturally for 5 minutes. …
- Cool eggs in ice bath for 5 minutes.
- Several medium or large onions, yellow, white, or red
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Butter, optional
- Sugar, optional
- Add onions, butter, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the bowl of a multicooker; stir to combine. Secure the lid and adjust vent to seal. Cook on high "Pressure Cook" setting for 5 minutes. Once cycle is complete, immediately release pressure. Carefully remove lid.
- Strain onions and discard excess liquid. Return onions to multicooker. Cook over high "Saute" setting, stirring constantly, until onions are deeply golden and caramelized, 3 to 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g