Perfect Crockpot Express Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard boiled eggs are a staple in my household. My kids eat them for breakfast, I pack them up for lunch, and we snack on them throughout the day.
But sometimes hard boiled eggs turn out less than perfect – rubbery yolks or pale insides. The Crockpot Express has made perfect hard-boiled eggs a breeze!
How to cook hard boiled eggs in a Crockpot Express:
1. Fill crock pot with 2 inches of water
2. Add eggs
3. Set Crockpot to MANUAL high for 5 minutes
4. Allow crock pot to natural release the pressure 5 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure
5. Allow eggs to cool in cold water for 5 minutes before peeling shell off
How many eggs can you hard boil in a Crockpot Express?
Can you overcook hard boiled eggs in a Crockpot Express?
You can, they will brown a little. Still edible normally just slightly brown. For the most part the natural release prevents them from being overcooked. Just use the basic recipe!
What is the 555 method for eggs?
- Add water to Crockpot Express and place wire trivet (or special egg rack) on top. Place eggs on trivet.
- Seal Instant Pot and cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let Instant Pot release naturally for 5 minutes. …
- Cool eggs in ice bath for 5 minutes.
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place trivet in the pot and pour the water in the bottom. Add eggs to the trivet.
- Close lid (and steam valve) and set to "Steam" (manual pressure for Instant Pot) and adjust time to 5 minutes.
- Allow to natural release for 5 minutes.
- Put the eggs in a cold water bath for 5 minutes.
- Peel an enjoy!