Crockpot Express Pot Roast is a classic meal that has been around for what seems like forever. It is a hearty meal that typically takes a few hours to cook, but with the Crockpot Express Pot Roast…You’re looking at a little over an hour from start to finish!
- 2-3 pound chuck roast 2" thick with lots of marbling
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- steak seasoning
- medium onion sliced thinly
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 sprigs rosemary fresh
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pound Baby new potatoes
- 3 carrots cut
- salt and pepper to taste
- Select SAUTE. While the pan is heating up, prep the roast by seasoning both sides and coating well.
- Once the pot is heated completely, add 1 tbsp of oil and coat the bottom of the pot.
- Add the roast and cook for 5 minutes - flip and cook another 5 minutes. If it is super thick sear the sides as well for a few minutes. Remove the roast.
- Add the rest of the oil and heat it up. Add the garlic and sliced onions to the pot and saute for a few minutes until soft. Add the beef broth and soy sauce and stir to deglaze the pot. The click START/STOP.
- Add the roast back on top of the onion mixture. Add the rosemary on top. Press MEAT and adjust time to 45 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle ends, allow for a full natural pressure release - about another 25 minutes. Once it is done, remove the roast and place it on a plate. Put a foil tent over it and allow it to sit undisturbed while you make the carrots and potatoes.
- Place the potatoes and carrots directly in the cooking juices. Press STEAM and set for 5 minutes. After the cooking cycle is done, do a Quick Release remove from the pot.
- Slice roast. Cut against the grain to keep it tender. Place it on a serving dish and surround with carrots and potatoes. Drizzle with additional drippings or gravy.